Salary: $18.00 /hour
Capital Fine Meats is a family owned and operated business in Edmonton, Alberta since 1929. We are a federally regulated facility, and pride ourselves on providing fresh, high quality meats across Western Canada.
With a team of over 100 individuals we believe a diverse and inclusive corporate culture is one where everyone succeeds. That’s why we’re committed to creating an environment where all feel welcomed, safe, valued, and empowered to achieve their full potential.
We are currently seeking an experienced Lead Hand Sanitation Technician to supervise nightly operations in our Sanitation Department.
Candidate must be available to work NIGHTS Monday – Friday (40 hours per week). Occasional overtime may be required based on daily production schedules.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Coordinate and delegate daily sanitation responsibilities to reduce downtime and ensure all employees follow rules and organized methods when performing tasks.
- Enforce all sanitation and safe work practices in accordance with HACCP and CFIA standards.
- Oversee department in the absence of Sanitation Supervisor.
- Complete wash down and inspection of all operating equipment, floors, walls, and ceilings using power hose.
- Daily record keeping and documentation of department issues, inspection reports, deviations, and corrective actions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, enforce company policies and procedures, and make critical decisions.
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve, and effectively communicate to other departments in order to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Vocational or technical training preferred
- Knowledge of HACCP and CFIA regulations
- Minimum 2 year sanitation experience in an industrial food processing or wholesale setting considered an asset
- Physically demanding, must be able to stand for extended periods and lift up to 50lbs
- Must be comfortable working in cool environments (freezers, chill rooms etc.)
- Candidates must be flexible in shift hours and able to work nights.
- Must have reliable transportation to accommodate shift time.
Shift: NIGHTS 6:00PM – 2:30AM
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Probationary Period: 3 Months