Capital Fine Meats is a family owned and operated business in Edmonton, Alberta since 1929. We are a federally regulated facility, and pride ourselves on providing fresh, high quality meats across Western Canada.
We are currently seeking an experienced Industrial Equipment Technician to add to our Maintenance department. The primary focus of this role is to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair equipment related issues.
Candidate must be available to work Monday – Friday (40 hours per week). Occasional overtime may be required based on production schedules.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Install/troubleshoot vacuum, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and refrigeration systems
· Installation of service pumps, fans, conveyors, and generators
· Inspect equipment to detect malfunctions and preventative maintenance
· General carpentry, plumbing, painting, floor, and wall repairs
· Complete daily work orders, and records
· Assist and monitor third party contractors when on site, conducting repairs
Qualification and Experience
· Vocational or technical training with minimum 5 years in an industrial wholesale setting.
· Demonstrated employment history in related field such as; industrial food processing plant, refrigeration, electrician, general maintenance (non-automotive).
· Ability to understand and follow operating instructions, manuals, and equipment specifications
· Good knowledge and understanding of computers is required to ensure correct information is selected on scales and equipment.
· Previous experience in food services, specifically industrial meat plant is considered an asset.
· Physically demanding
· Must be comfortable working in cool environments (freezers, chill rooms etc.) outdoors, rooftops, and noisy environment (shop atmosphere).
· Steel toed footwear is required for this position.
We thank all applicant’s who apply however, only qualified candidates will be contacted to interview. At this time, we are not accepting resumes in person. Please apply directly through this advertisement. No phone calls please.
Shift: 6:30AM – 3:00PM
Rate: To be negotiated based on qualification and experience
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Probationary Period: 3 Months