Salary: $16.50 /hour
Capital Fine Meats is a family owned and operated business in Edmonton, Alberta since 1929. We are a federally regulated facility, and pride ourselves on providing fresh, high quality meats across Western Canada.
With a team of over 100 individuals we believe a diverse and inclusive corporate culture is one where everyone succeeds. That’s why we’re committed to creating an environment where all feel welcomed, safe, valued, and empowered to achieve their full potential.
We are currently seeking an experienced Sanitation Technician to join our day time operations team in our Sanitation Department.
Candidate must be available Monday – Friday (20-30 hours per week). This position may move to a full-time basis if desired in the future and pending business requirements.
This position reports to the Sanitation Supervisor and has responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Maintain cleanliness of assigned departments as per HACCP and CFIA standards.
- Complete wash down and cleaning of operating equipment, floors, walls, and ceilings using industrial power hose.
- Ability to withstand moderate to strenuous work in some refrigerated temperatures.
- Detailed attention to sanitary procedures and practices to prevent contamination is crucial.
- Candidate must be physically fit, and able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Additionally, sanitation workers must take responsibility and follow clear rules and organised methods when performing all tasks to ensure theirs and their co-workers’ safety.
- Physically demanding, must be able to stand for extended periods and lift up to 50lbs.
- Candidates must be flexible in shift hours and able to accommodate afternoon scheduling.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Candidates must be responsible, dependable, and trustworthy with demonstrated ability to work alone.
SHIFT: 12:30PM – 4:30PM
Part-time hours: 20 per week