Capital Fine Meats is a family owned and operated business in Edmonton, Alberta since 1929. We are a federally regulated facility, and pride ourselves on providing fresh, high quality meats across Western Canada.
We are currently seeking an experienced Equipment Technician (non-automotive) to add to our Maintenance department. The primary focus of this role is to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair equipment related issues.
Candidate must be available to work Monday – Friday (40 hours per week). Occasional overtime may be required based on production schedules.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Install/troubleshoot vacuum, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and refrigeration systems
- Installation of service pumps, fans, conveyors, and generators
- Inspect equipment to detect malfunctions and preventative maintenance
- General carpentry, plumbing, painting, floor, and wall repairs
- Complete daily work orders
- Assist and monitor third party contractors when on site, conducting repairs
Qualification and Experience
- Vocational or technical training with minimum 5 years in an industrial wholesale setting.
- Demonstrated employment history in related field such as; industrial food processing plant, refrigeration, electrician, general maintenance (non-automotive).
- Ability to understand and follow operating instructions, manuals, and equipment specifications
- Good knowledge and understanding of computers is required to ensure correct information is selected on scales and equipment.
** Previous experience in food services, specifically industrial meat plant is considered an asset. **
- Physically demanding
- Must be comfortable working in cool environments (freezers, chill rooms etc.) outdoors, rooftops, and noisy environment (shop atmosphere).
- Steel toed footwear is required for this position.
Shift: 6:30AM – 3:00PM
Rate: To be negotiated based on qualification and experience
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Probationary Period: 3 Months
Interested applicants should enclose a personal cover letter with salary expectations in order to be considered. We thank all those that apply however, only selected candidates will be contacted.