Salary: $18.00 to $21.00 /hour
Capital Fine Meats is a family owned and operated business in Edmonton, Alberta since 1929. We are a federally regulated facility, and pride ourselves on providing fresh, high quality meats across Western Canada.
With a team of over 100 individuals we believe a diverse and inclusive corporate culture is one where everyone succeeds. That’s why we’re committed to creating an environment where all feel welcomed, safe, valued, and empowered to achieve their full potential.
We are currently seeking an experienced Sanitation Supervisor to supervise nightly operations in our Sanitation Department. This position reports directly to the QA Manager.
Candidate must be available to work NIGHTS Monday – Friday (40 hours per week). Occasional overtime may be required based on daily production schedules.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Coordinate, oversee, and delegate daily sanitation responsibilities to reduce downtime and ensure all employees follow rules and organized methods when performing tasks.
- Enforce all sanitation and safe work practices in accordance with HACCP and CFIA standards.
- Complete wash down and inspection of all operating equipment, floors, walls, and ceilings using power hose.
- Daily record keeping and documentation of department issues, inspection reports, deviations, and corrective actions.
- Communicate department and personnel issues or disciplinary action between QA Manager and Human Resources.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, enforce company policies and procedures, and make critical decisions.
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve, and effectively communicate to other departments in order to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Vocational or technical training preferred
- Knowledge of HACCP and CFIA regulations
- Minimum 2 year sanitation experience in an industrial food processing or wholesale setting considered an asset
- Physically demanding, must be able to stand for extended periods and lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be comfortable working in cool environments (freezers, chill rooms etc.)
- Candidate must be flexible in shift hours and able to work nights
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate leadership skills and strong ability to communicate and work with a diverse team
- Must have reliable transportation to accommodate shift time.
Shift: NIGHTS 6:00PM – 2:30AM
Rate: Starting between $18.00 – $21.00 based on experience and qualification(s)
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Probationary Period: 3 Months
Capital Fine Meats offers a full benefits package after successful completion of probationary period.