Capital Fine Meats is a family owned and operated business in Edmonton, Alberta since 1929. We pride ourselves on providing fresh, high quality meats across Western Canada.
We are currently seeking a Refrigeration Mechanic. This position entails extensive knowledge in refrigeration/cooling systems as we are an industrial meat processing plant. Candidates with a background in Electrical work are considered an asset.
This position is permanent, full-time with guaranteed 40 hours per week and occasional overtime when required. Hourly rate is to be negotiated.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- You are a Ticketed Refrigeration Mechanic with 3-5 years of work experience, preferably in the food processing industry.
- Must be able to read/understand blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings.
- Must know how to install, maintain and service commercial compressors, refrigeration coils, condensers and motors.
- Must be able to install, wire and calibrate the controls for each system and start up each system, check for leaks, and diagnose/troubleshoot any potential problems.
- Routinely monitor the refrigerant and inspect equipment for preventative maintenance.
Candidate should have an understanding of vacuum, hydraulics and pneumatics. You may also perform general maintenance tasks including carpentry, plumbing, painting, floor and wall repairs, equipment inspections, adjustments, assembly, and disassembly.
You must be able to operate a forklift, skid-steer, lathe, grinders, saws, and use hand tools efficiently and safely.
Must have excellent record keeping, communication, and team building skills while maintaining food safety standards.
You must be able to tolerate working in a cold environment, and be able to lift up to 60 pounds.
Capital Fine Meats offers a competitive benefits package after successful completion of probationary period (3 months).
If this sounds like the right fit for you, please visit our website at www.capitalfinemeats.ca or forward your resume with your expected salary today!