Capital Fine Meats is a family owned and operated business in Edmonton, Alberta since 1929. We are a federally regulated facility, and pride ourselves on providing fresh, high quality meats across Western Canada. We pride ourselves on providing fresh, high quality meats across Canada.
With a team of over 100 individuals we believe a diverse and inclusive corporate culture is one where everyone succeeds. That’s why we’re committed to creating an environment where all feel welcomed, safe, valued, and empowered to achieve their full potential.
Capital Fine Meats has an excellent opportunity for a Facilities Manager in our Maintenance Department. This position is responsible for providing direction, leadership, and organization over the activities of Maintenance Department, in support of the vision, mission, and business plan of Capital Fine Meats. This position will report directly to the Operations Manager.
The Facilities Manager is responsible for effectively leading a team of technical, trades, and contract staff for all maintenance activities including; production equipment repairs, preventative/predictive maintenance, operation and repair of all building envelope, mechanical, electrical and refrigeration systems in the facility and on the grounds, based on a 24 hour, 5 day a week plant operation with, as required – on call or weekend maintenance activities.
Responsibilities include the integration of various resources necessary to carry out these activities. The Manager is expected to train and mentor maintenance staff and when required, provide hands on maintenance/trade support.
· Certified Engineering Technologist (mechanical preferred but not mandatory). Eligible for registration with ASET (C.E.T)
Essential Skills & Experience:
- 10 years’ experience along with a minimum of 5 years management experience in maintenance and building operation in a plant setting, ideally in an organization of medium or larger size, complexity and diversity
- Computer proficiency in various programs including MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), MS Project and AutoCAD
- Demonstrated ability and training in conflict resolution
- Excellent documentation and record keeping
- A demonstrated clear pattern of professional and personal development
- Certification (Alberta) in a trade (mechanical or refrigeration preferred)
- Experience/knowledge in industrial food production
- Experience/knowledge in pumps, fans, conveyors, steam boilers, hydraulic & pneumatic, electrical and refrigeration systems
- Knowledge of food safety standards within a federally inspected food facility including HACCP, SSOP’s, GMP’s, CCP’s
- Valid Forklift Ticket
Key Responsibilities & Roles:
- Train, mentor, schedule and supervise all maintenance staff to ensure operational effectiveness and maximize productivity while ensuring compliance with all GMP’s, HACCP, and SSOP’s
- Manage production equipment breakdowns in as efficient and effective manner as possible
- Review, authorize and schedule daily work orders & staff
- Liaison between QA and Safety Department heads to ensure compliance with all legislated and company policies and procedures
- Schedule and facilitate external contractors, consultants and vendors to ensure efficient and timely completion of projects in coordination with onsite engineer and when required schedule and facilitate internal resources to support projects
- Conduct regular performance reviews of all maintenance staff and external contractors/vendors
- Manage facilities maintenance budget in conjunction with management for engagement of external resources i.e. contractors, consultants and parts procurement/inventory
- Provide direct support (on tools) to all maintenance activities as required to supplement department resources including; preventative maintenance, equipment inspections, troubleshooting, adjustments, disassembly/assembly, and repairs of equipment and plant
First Year Deliverable’s
- Championing continuous improvement in respect to ‘Best in Class’
- Develop and implement a Preventative/Predictive Maintenance Program
- Involvement in long range planning and budget level estimates
- Develop in conjunction with management a long term maintenance strategic plan including future initiative for a CMMS system (Computer Maintenance Management System) to be integrated with existing corporate NAV
Attributes & Characteristics
- Efficient and precise communication
- Flexible, influential and assertive when required
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and critical analysis skills
- Strong team player with the ability to build relationships and work constructively with others to achieve goals
- Indoors-maintenance shop and industrial plant (food) setting. Must be tolerate of cool temperatures
- Outdoors-plant roof, facility buildings, and yard (site)
Position is permanent full time including emergency on-call availability and weekends as required. Competitive benefits package available after successful completion of probationary period. Salary is to be negotiated based on experience and qualifications.
- Applicants should provide a cover letter including salary expectations in order to be considered for this position. Minimum of three (3) professional references will be required.
Shift: 6:00AM – 4:30PM (10 hrs)
Salary: To be negotiated
Benefits: Competitive benefits package available after successful completion of probationary period.
We sincerely thank all those that apply however, only successful applicants will be contacted.