Salary: $17.00 to $18.00 /hour
Capital Fine Meats is a family owned and operated business in Edmonton, Alberta since 1929. We pride ourselves on providing fresh, high quality meats across Western Canada.
We are currently seeking a Warehouse Receiver who has experience with stand up forklifts and the ability to write and control records. This position can be physically demanding.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ensure that general safety procedures are followed.
- Ensure that all HACCP goods manufacturing practices are followed.
- Inspect the carrier upon receiving to ensure it is clean and in good repair and that joints and doors are sealed.
- Accurately count all incoming materials at the time of receiving and before the driver leaves the facility. If incorrect counts are identified, the paperwork must be initialed by both the driver and the receiver.
- Tally sheet for random weights must be recorded and filled out upon receiving.
- Ensure cleanliness of incoming materials and that all materials are in good condition and boxes are not broken or ripped.
- Ensure that frozen products do not show any signs of thawing or deterioration upon receiving.
- For all meat products being received, ensure there is a government legend, product name, and code date and that it is an approved supplier.
- Place a receiving date on all incoming pallets of raw material.
- Complete the appropriate quality control records and receiving forms.
- Make sure all products are transferred to the designated storage area while safely operating the forklift and/or power jack.
- Retrieve any stored materials required for production on a daily basis.
- Utilize downtime by assisting Kitchen department with end of day production dumping of waste materials.
- This position can be physically demanding. Candidate must be physically fit and able to lift 50lbs. Combination of pushing, pulling, standing, and walking through cool, refrigerated environments.
- Attention to detail is critical. Ability to work under tight deadlines is considered an asset.
- Steel toed footwear is required for this position.
- Experience in warehouse receiving and use of power jack/forklift equipment is required.
Shift: (Not negotiable) DAYS 7:30AM – 4:00PM Monday to Friday