Salary: $19.00 to $20.00 /hour
Capital Fine Meats is a family owned and operated business in Edmonton, Alberta since 1929. We are a federally regulated facility, and pride ourselves on providing fresh, high quality meats across Western Canada.
With a team of over 100 individuals we believe a diverse and inclusive corporate culture is one where everyone succeeds. That’s why we’re committed to creating an environment where all feel welcomed, safe, valued, and empowered to achieve their full potential.
We are currently seeking an experienced Meat Cutter to supervise daily production in our Fresh Meat Department.
Candidate must be available to work Monday – Friday (40 hours per week). Occasional overtime may be required based on daily production schedules.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Coordinate and delegate daily production schedules to ensure production quantities are met in an efficient and timely manner.
- Oversee 3-4 employees and provide ongoing training and assessment.
- Operate various types of industrial equipment such as; band saw, mixer, meat grinder, and sausage making equipment.
- Accurately record and complete daily production reports.
- Enforce all sanitation and safe work practices.
- Observe and correct possible production flow deficiencies to minimize down time.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, enforce company policies and procedures, and make critical decisions.
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve and communicate to other departments in order to equipment or production issues are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Ability to follow operating instructions, recipes, and production schedules.
- Good knowledge and understanding of computers is required to ensure correct information is selected on scales and equipment.
- Previous experience in food services, specifically industrial meat plant is considered an asset.
- Vocational or technical training with minimum 3 years in an industrial wholesale setting.
- Proficient knife skills with experience in deboning, trimming, and preparing sausage.
- Must be proficient in mathematics in order to accurately calculate amounts of ingredients and raw materials.
- Ability to memorize specifications of meat cuts and raw materials while adapting to changing consumer and legislated requirements.
- Physically demanding, must be able to stand for extended periods and lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be comfortable working in cool environments (freezers, chill rooms etc.)
- Steel toed footwear is required for this position.
Job Type: Full-time Permanent
Probationary Period: 3 Months
Shift: 6:30AM – 3:00PM