Salary: $15.50 to $16.50 /hour
Capital Fine Meats is a family owned and operated business in Edmonton, Alberta since 1929. We pride ourselves on providing fresh, high quality meats across Western Canada.
We are currently seeking a Production Worker in our Kitchen Department to operate our Stuffer.
Stuffer Operators load pre-mixed raw materials into stuffing equipment in order to prepare sausages for the next stage of production in our smokehouses.
Experience in food manufacturing plant is considered an asset, but willing to train the right individual. Must be available to work Monday – Friday (40/hrs per week). Occasional overtime may be required based on daily production schedules.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Daily operation of stuffing equipment using preset product programming
· Some assembly and disassembly
· Formulate sausages and ensure correct casings are being used
· Tie and hang finished product from production line
· Inspect ingredients, formulation requirements, and final product before being sent to industrial hangers and smokehouses
· Verify recipe/formulation documentation and ensure product and allergen labels are correct
· Troubleshoot mechanical defects in production equipment, liaison between supervisor and maintenance team for change-overs or servicing
· Enforce and maintain all sanitation and safe work practices
· Help maximize production flow efficiencies while minimizing downtime
· Other general laborer duties as required
This position requires you to be physically fit, with the ability to lift up to 60lb. Must be tolerant of cool temperatures (industrial meat plant) and able to speak/read/write English.