Salary: $15.25 to $16.00 /hour
Capital Fine Meats is a family owned and operated business in Edmonton, Alberta since 1929. We are a federally regulated facility, and pride ourselves on providing fresh, high quality meats across Western Canada.
We are currently seeking Production Labourers to operate food manufacturing equipment and production lines.
Experience in a food manufacturing plant is considered an asset, but willing to train the right individual. Must be available to work Monday – Friday (40/hrs per week). Occasional overtime may be required based on daily production schedules.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Load materials into industrial mixers to break down fresh and frozen ingredients to prepare for stuffing machines.
- Read, learn, and follow recipe and formulation of materials for various products
- Assemble and prepare grinder for daily production
- Unload correct amount of boxed ingredients and/or tubs of product onto conveyor belt to be transferred to grinder/mixers
- Monitor equipment gauges while in operation
- Cover and label tubs (product name/date) and transfer to different production areas or coolers for storage
- Disassemble equipment for Sanitation Department to clean work area during batch modifications, change of species, or end of shift.
- Assist other departments in dumping of materials for defrosting or tempered products
- Enforce and maintain all sanitation and safe work practices
- Help maximize production flow efficiencies while minimizing downtime
- Other general laborer duties as required
This position is manual labour. It requires you to be physically fit, with the ability to lift up to 60lb. Must be tolerant of cool temperatures (industrial meat plant) and able to speak/read/write English.
Shift: 6:30AM – 3:00PM
Rate: $15.25 – $16.00 per hour
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Probationary Period: 3 Months
Capital Fine Meats offers a full benefits package after successful completion of probationary period.