Salary: $16.00 /hour
Capital Fine Meats is a family owned and operated business in Edmonton, Alberta since 1929. We pride ourselves on providing fresh, high quality meats across Western Canada.
We are currently seeking a Smokehouse Helper – Nights. This position entails manual labour and can include extensive overtime when required. The candidate should be physically fit, and have personal means of transportation to accommodate the shift time.
Smokehouse workers are required to:
– Follow correct safety and food handling procedures and are responsible for the proper cooking and cooling of all cooked product.
– Push heavy racks of product (Bologna, Bacon, Hams, Boneless Picnics etc) into designated areas.
– Fill sawdust pails at the end of each shift, ensuring that they ready for the day crew.
– Clean (sweep/mop) all areas associated with the smokehouse, staging area, fast chill, coolers etc.
– Perform odd jobs as requested by Supervisor/QA while racks are in the smoker (clean storage area, locker room floors, empty garbage’s, wash chemical room floor)
Shift: NIGHTS 4:00pm – 12:30am
Position: Full time permanent (40 hrs/week)
Probationary Period: 90 days
Group Benefits: Full benefits available after successful completion of probationary period.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, please forward your resume – we look forward to hearing from you!