- Pre-cook the pasta as per the instructions on your packaging. In Mariano’s case, this was a 7 minute pre-cook in salted boiling water.
- For the Spinach and Ricotta filling, combine equal parts finely chopped spinach and ricotta cheese with one beaten egg in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- For the meat filling, combine a couple garlic cloves, half an onion, and a handful of parsley in a microprocessor with a splash of olive oil to aid the blending process. When a chunky salsa is formed, move to a pan over medium-low heat and saute the mixture. Add olive oil as required to prevent burning.
- Add a crumbled Mariano’s Sausage link to the pan, along with the roughly equal amount of ground beef. Season with salt and pepper, and fry this together with the vegetables just until the meat is cooked through.
- Strain and dry your cooked pasta, and once cooled enough to handle, stuff them completely with your desired filling.
- Place the pasta in an oiled baking dish, and top them liberally with tomato sauce. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for roughly 30min at 400°F. Follow your pasta’s instructions for best results and make sure they are fork tender before serving.
- Top with your favorite grated Italian cheese, and enjoy!
Note: If you would like to know how Mariano makes his tomato sauce, we have a recipe for that too!