- Boil 4-6 yellow fleshed potatoes until fork tender, and remove the skins.
- Sauté Spinach so that you are left with about ½ cup after cooking them down. Blend the Spinach with 1 large egg until a fine chop is achieved.
- Run the potatoes through a potato ricer or cheese grater until you have a fluffy pile of potato bits. Add the Spinach blend on top, and mix by hand. Add flour and kneed until a supple dough is formed. It should be moist but not sticky.
- Roll the dough out into ½” inch logs, and slice into ¼” – ½” inch pieces. Imprint a groove onto the pasta by using a gnocchi paddle or a fork.
- Boil in salted water until the pasta floats and is done to your desired texture. Optionally, pan-fry the pasta in Olive oil until golden brown for a crispy exterior.
- Top with sauce and enjoy!
Tomato Sauce Recipe
- Over medium-low heat, cook finely sliced green onion, garlic, and parsley in Olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the onions and garlic are soft and fragrant, add strained tomato until a beautiful red colour is achieved.
- Add a splash of wine and cook until the alcohol is evaporated.
- Serve & enjoy!
Butter & Sage Recipe
- In a pan, cook fresh sage leaves in butter until fragrant. Be sure to use very low heat to avoid browning the butter or sage. Season with salt & pepper.
Note: The longer you cook the sage in the butter, the more flavour the butter will soak from the sage. This is why it’s important to use as low a heat as possible.